You just bought an office chair, you unpacked it and… you don’t know where to start. Sooner or later, everybody is confronted with this kind of situation. It seems that an assembly of an office chair or gaming chair by following the included manual is nearly impossible to do for the most of us. The instructions are badly written and very difficult to understand in most cases. The good news is, there’s a way to assemble your office chair without having to understand the awful manual. All you need is a bit organization and a wrench. In this article, we will show you how to do it!
What you need:
⇒ Your office chair / gaming chair kit
⇒ A 12 mm open end wrench
Instructions stept by step
- Unbox your office chair kit. Remove every part from the kit and also strip off the plastic from the parts if existing.
- Allocate the parts and organize the various pieces of your chair in order to find them when you need them later.
- To connect the underside of the seat with the main chair mechanism, use the four included screw head bolts and bolt the mechanism with the seat. Please make sure to bolt it tightly because this connection has to carry almost all the weight.
- Now, slide the chair back onto the mechanism. To do so, hold the chair upside down. This makes it easier for you to slide it onto the chair mechanism. Next step is to bolt everything together using the bolts from your kit.
- Attach the armrests into the holes on the underside of the chair.
- Connect the castors into the 5 star base of the chair. You may have to put a high amount of pressure on the castors to do that because the washers have to pop over the plastic socket bracers. You will notice if you’ve done it correct when you hear a “click” sound.
- Place the gas strut cover over the gas strut.
- Now, put the gas strut onto the 5 star base of the chair.
- Connect the chair mechanism with the gas strut on the 5 star base.
- If your office or gaming chair has a separate headrest, attach it to the chair’s backrest.
- Check all bolts if the fit tightly.
- Enjoy your office chair.
That’s it! As you can see, assembling an office chair has not to be hard. But if you still don’t want to mount it by yourself, many stores offer a furniture assembly service. Just call them, make an appointment, and they will do the assembly for you.